Thursday, December 30, 2010

BC: Day 30

Car you drive and past cars too!...

When I turned 16, I was supposed to drive my parents 1990 Ford Areostar Minivan.....
I was mortified, to think about driving into my high school parking lot driving a minivan. Luckily days before my 16th birthday my parents bought a 1999 Hyundai Sonata for my mom. My mom had always been a stay at home mom, but my dad owns is own construction business was needing her help, and she didn't want to drive her new car to work.
So I went from this:

to this:

I drove the snot out of the "snotter".

I drove this car until after Brandon and I had been married for a year, and started packing to move to St Louis. The "snotter" wasn't the safest car in the world with over 100k miles on it, Brandon and I were about to have to start putting some major money into it for repairs. I guess my dad couldn't handle the thought of his little girl driving an unreliable car in the big city. To tell you the truth I wasn't too excited about it either, which then resulted in Brandon not being too excited about it. So about a month before we moved Brandon and I headed out to pick out a new car. We had a budget and I knew exactly what I wanted. A Pontiac G6. So pretty. Brandon and I drove by the dealership after hours one night, and the one I wanted was WAY out of our price range. We drove by the next day with the intention of going in and test driving. As I drooled over the exact car we saw the night before, I noticed that the price tag had been lowered about $10,000. WOOOO HOOOO! Test driving we did, and buying we did!


So I went from driving the "Snotter" to driving this:



I LOVED this car. Mine was a charcoal gray. It was just about fully loaded. Everything but the heated seats. It was just sporty enough but still roomy. Roomy enough for two car seats but not three. I drove this car until I was eight months pregnant with Greyson. I had to take the Pontiac into get serviced and walked out of the dealership with a Nissan Armada. I went from 29 miles a gallon to 14. I went from a cute little sports car to a Tank on wheels. It was a huge change.



So I currently drive this exact model of the Nissan Pathfinder Armada:

I like my Armada. It's roomy for the five of us and all of our stuff. It's not a minivan( nothing against minivans... I was 23 when I got this car and refused to get a minivan). It had a built in dvd and awesome stereo system. It handles great in Missouri's crazy weather.
I'm not crazy about the horrible gas mileage, the expensive tires, or the fact that it's no longer under warranty! I guess it will have to do until I can get something different!

No comments:

Post a Comment