Sunday, December 5, 2010

BC: Day 5

My favorite quote...

I don't really have a favorite quote. My high school drama teacher used to always tell us "proper prior planning prevents poor performance". I always thought that was a good motto.

Instead of a favorite quote, I would go with a favorite Bible verse... cheesy as it sounds, John 3:16, would have to been among my favorites. It's an obvious verse, but as I was talking to my uncle the other night, he pointed out that it is the story of Christmas and salvation. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Do you see the Christmas part? Do you see the salvation part? In all the years that I have known or read this verse, I must admit, that I've never thought this to be a
"Christmas" verse. Everyone knows that the Christmas story starts in Luke 2! I thought that was pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment