Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010


We spent Christmas Eve with my family this year. We had a great time!




Take one..they had more on their minds than taking pics!

Take two....

Brandon woke up and went hunting with my dad( yet another topic for another post!), and the boys and I slept in for a bit. I woke up in kind of a panic, because my house was a mess and Brandon's parents were coming the next day. I cleaned for a bit, and started to get ready when Brandon walked in the door. He finished getting himself and the boys ready, while I got We head over around 2:30 hoping that the boys would at least lay down before everything started up, but they were so excited that they couldn't even sit still. My brother and sister in law came over around 3 and gave the boys their present. Brad says it is a present for me and for them. They gave them the animated Iron Man series. It's nine hours long, and they LOVE it. I can have up to nine hours of uninterrupted quiet time! (JK!) They also got to open their gifts from Aunt Heather, Uncle Nate, Rose and Brooke (Brandon's sister and family). They each got a game to play, CARS domino's, Spiderman Checkers, and a I Spy game. They couldn't wait to get the games open and put the movie on.
As we started the move Beth, Gordon and their three boys showed up. My boys thought that meant open presents now... but we had to eat first. We've decided that we do a fancy meal at Thanksgiving and a homey meal at Christmas. We had potato soup, corn bread, little smokies, rotel and chips, ham, sausage balls, brownies, fudge, and cake for dessert. It was yummy.

After cleaning up the kitchen, the big boys helped the little boys organize out the gifts... that's when I realized that I had left the big boys gifts at home! I panicked. I felt so bad. They didn't care though, they had a blast opening their gifts.
Before the chaos began!

My boys got a ton of stuff. Beth and Gordon got them each a mini Toy Story Character.. Buzz, Woody, and Jessie ( special request from Daniel). My mom and dad got them each, a cars watch, a Star Wars figure, an Iron Man outfits (mask, center chest piece, and the arm piece), Greyson got a few shirts, and a couple of more things.



Iron Man Daniel


Playing Apples to Apples Junior

After gifts we sat and played apples to apples for a while, and then started loading up to head home. After we got home, the boys were able to open one gift... new pajama's! We started this last year, and they get super excited about getting their pictures in their new jammies. After we were done opening, they played for a few minutes, while I got milk and cookies ready for Santa. They placed them on the table near the tree, and ran to bed. We never heard a pep out of them again! We were shocked.
The boys in their new Christmas pj's

Brandon and I put on Love Actually, and started putting together the toys that Santa was to bring. We had a really good time, having some quiet time and getting everything together. We even played with their new toys for a few minutes! We finally headed to bed around 11:30. We weren't sure what time the boys would wake up, but we knew we wanted to get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment