Saturday, December 18, 2010

BC: Day 18

My wedding/future wedding/ past wedding...


Brandon and I were married on August 6, 2005. We got married in the church that I grew up in, and that we now attend as a family of five. Growing up, I always wanted to have a huge southern wedding, but as the day grew closer I wish we would have just eloped! Planning a wedding is stressful. We had a great day, but of course as time went by and my girlfriends started planning their weddings, I started to think of all the things I would have changed. I tried to make things special.. instead of having flowers on the end of pews we had mated initial pictures, instead of doing a traditional signature book(I'm really who ever looks through those things) we had a scrapbook where people could sign and write a message, we had a slide show during the lighting of the unity candle. While leading up to the wedding was a TAD bit stressful, I was not stressed out at all on the day of the actual wedding. Our dear family friend Pam, planned everything. I didn't even have to show up the day before to decorate, she had it all under control. And after the wedding, my mom didn't have to lift a finger. It was all taken care of.. it was all so nice!


My favorite color at the time was pink..dark pink. So of course my bouquet was white hydrangea's with half a dozen pink roses placed in it. My girls carried a variation of dark and lite pink astromerius flowers with a little greenery in it. Our reception was decorated the same way. Black and white table cloths with dark pink flowers, picture confetti, and their bouquets as the centerpieces.




We had a bridal party with a total of 17 people including Brandon and I. I had six bridesmaids, he had six groomsmen, and we had three ring bearers. Out of all of our bridesmaids and groomsmen, only three of them lived within 15 minutes of the wedding location. IT WAS HORRIBLE trying to organize people all over the country! The girls wore at tea length black strapless dress with white trim, and the boys wore black tux's with a silver vest, and pink rose. Girly, I know, they complained a lot.

My bridesmaids
From L to R: Sara, Amber, Erin (MOH) ME!, Megan, Sarah(SIL) and Heather(Brandon's sister)


Brandon's Groomsmen
L to R: Dennis (the reason we met), Courtney, Eric(best man),Brandon, Derrick, Brad(my brother), and Scott

We had a simple reception after the church following the wedding. All of our families came from out of state, so we were wanting to be able to spend time with them after the wedding, and not be at a reception for hours on end. We had a good time, ate some yummy cake, took A LOT of pictures, and then headed back to my parents house.

After getting to my parents house, and getting out of my dress, I finished packing for our honeymoon and we had a mini impromptu shower. Since most of my family lives in Louisiana, they were unable to attend out actual wedding shower. This way we were able to visit in a relaxed setting, and open all the presents that we got at the wedding. After a hour or so, we went to the hotel where Brandon's family was staying, hung out with them for a little bit, and then headed downtown for dinner and to get some rest! We flew out bright and early the next morning, headed to the happiest place on earth....Disney World!

No comments:

Post a Comment