Sunday, January 2, 2011

NYE 2011

Brandon and I aren't big New Years People. We've never really been. Last year we spent the evening with my friend Carrie, her husband, and all of our kids! We were exhausted the next day. THis year we were invited to go to my friend Sara's house. Sara and her husband Justin have a very close group of friends that get together often. We were happy to be invited to hang out with 'the group'. Honestly, I think we (sara and I) were both a little worried how it would go. Brandon and Sara don't always get along the best and Brandon didn't know anyone in the group besides me, Sara, and could point out Sara's husband Justin.
Leading up to NYE, Brandon had been sick for a few days with a horrible sinus infection. Brandon refuses to go to the dr, so he was self medicating for days! He even missed a couple of days of work. I was really hoping to not have to call and cancel, but luckily we found the medicine that worked. After a brief nap, and a second dose of medicine, we dropped the kids off at my parents house. From my parents house to Sara's is a good 40 minute drive. So I started to get a little nervous. After we walked in, we had a yummy buffet style Mexican themed dinner. Sara had made enchiladas, and people had brought anything from chicken wings to seven layer dip, and tons of desserts. I was stuffed. We all set around and ate and chatted for a while. Some people moved outside to play games in the garage, and some stayed around the dinner table and played the Things Game.
Sara and I

Brandon got along really well with the guys, and for the first time in a long time looked like he was having a great time. I was able to relax since I knew he was relaxed and enjoying himself. Sara's younger brother Sam and his girlfriend stopped by for a while and then headed home after midnight. Around 1, Brandon and I decided to stay at Justin and Sara's. With the long drive, us both being worn out, and we were just lazy, we called dibs and crashed in their guest bedroom.


We had a great time, and can't wait to hang out with "the group" again!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! New YEar's Eve 2011! Oh...and did you see that Sam and Avery broke up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't see that. What happened? We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete