Thursday, July 22, 2010

Vacation Bible School 2010

This was the first year in many years( almost 10 years) that I was able to help out with VBS, and Brandon helped out too. Since we were both working, all the kiddos got to attend and were in their own age groups. They were so excited to be able to go to Bible School... for two reasons- 1. They are excited by the word school
2. They LOVE going to church

I am so excited that we are finally able to get involved in church as a family. I was a little stressed out about VBS, but had to roll with the punches. Our church does Bible School at night. We would have a dinner at 5ish and VBS would go from 6:30-8:30. That meant that I would have to either wake the kids from nap time in order to make it to dinner or try to cook, clean the kitchen, get the kids cleaned up and out the door in about 45 minutes..... there was no way the latter was happening- so we went for dinner at church. Brandon came straight from work every night- so I was on my own with attempting to do all of this. Getting the kids out and about in town is no big deal. Anything from McAlisters, Chick-fil-A to the Mall I can handle- but the thought of doing this all at church scared me a little. But when I saw their faces light up on Monday night- it was all worth it. Until it came to Greysons face....

Greyson has never really be separated from the twins. He does have his own room now, but that is about as far as it goes. He was bumped up in Sunday School classes, Moppets classes, and just about everything else. He doesn't like being away from his bubbas. But it was time to start. He has finally been making some friends that are his age- not the twins age. So I thought that he would do better having a week in VBS with the 'younger' kids and then when Sunday school promotion came it would be an easier adjustment. Boy was I WRONG! He screamed bloody murder the first night. The really sad part of all of this.... Brandon was in his room, as a support system. I guess my wonderful plan backfired.

Anyway, back to VBS. The theme was Saddle Ridge Ranch. Since the twins are crazy about cowboys and cowboy hats they were in heaven! Their teachers were Miss Deanna and Miss Susan. They had the cutest crafts! Don't I have two of the cutest cowboys around?!

They had made cowboy vest that they got to decorate, and stick horses, and cowboys hats! I know that they will play dress up with this stuff until it will no longer function! Each morning they would wake up so ready to go back to Bible School. They were so upset when it ended on Thursday.

Greyson's teachers were Miss Shirley, Mr Brandon( aka Daddy), and Miss Evie. Miss Shirley said Greyson would do a little better every night, but still clung to daddy a lot. Brandon says Greyson was glued to his side all week. While it was hard for me to see him get so upset, I know that it is for his own good. He has to learn at some point that he isn't one of the twins. I am so thankful that the teachers and staff at church are being so supportive. I wouldn't be able to do this part without them.

I was able to help in teaching the four year olds. We had 3 different classes and would rotate between the three groups for different activities. My room did craft time, and after craft time they would go to music, and then to missions. We had a great group of kids, and it was an awesome experience to help get to plant a seed in their life. While it did stress me out(just a little), I can't wait to be able to help next year!

1 comment:

  1. Shame on me! I've been afraid to take TWO little ones to church & here you are hauling THREE! This weekend we are going to give it a try! Not sure why I've been so nervous.

    ReplyDelete