Saturday, July 24, 2010

They're Gone

In June our family found out some very disappointing news. Actually it was heart breaking and I kinda felt like I got the wind knocked out of me when I heard it. Some of my parents best friends, great family friends, christian mentors, and very special people to us... had made the decision to move from cozy Nixa, Missouri to San Diego,California. Can you say culture shock?!

I was on my way to a Thursday night Bible Study when Pam called to let me know. They feel that God is calling them to move, and develop better relationships with their family. (Not that they have bad ones, but living half way across the country... you get the picture!) While we will pray for them daily, our hearts break for the loss that we will experience. These are two of the kindest, God fearing, humble hearted people I have ever known.


Here are a few stories of how they have been there for my family:


After helping spending the entire day helping my mom, dad, and myself, move into our new house, Pam goes home and returns a hour later with a complete supper for us to eat. I'm not just talking about pizza from your local Pizza Hut... Pam had fresh steak to grill, baked potatoes and her delicious homemade salad. She made dinner while we were attempting to put together part of our rooms. It was amazing!

When Brandon and I announced our engagement, Pam immediately volunteered to help. I kinda new what I had in mind, so I talked it over, and she came up with the grand scheme of how it would all work. Pam ordered additional flowers for decorating and paid for them out of her own pocket. The day of the wedding- I was a completely stress free bride. With Pam's perfectionist personality, I knew she had thought of every detail. And she had.



Pam and Gene are complete givers. If they ever knew of someone in need, they will help them in any way they can. They are always willing to go the extra mile, and are constant prayer warriors. They are both so wise in the Bible and are great people to talk to about any problems.

I know that they will be missed by many many people. Last night, their final night in Missouri, they spent the evening finishing packing, went to dinner with my parents, and Beth and Gordon. I got to meet up with them for ice cream and good byes. It was so hard. It will be hard not seeing them one row in front of us at church, or getting to go to more women's conferences with Pam. But I know that they are doing what is best for them and most importantly they are doing what they feel God is telling them to do.

While it makes us sad, at least we have a good reason to go to California now!

No comments:

Post a Comment