Friday, July 16, 2010

My Kids Have Gone Crazy!

Ever since the move to Ozark, my kids have gone CRAZY!!

I was talking to my friend Carrie and asking her what she thought the problem could be. She is my go to person on kid questions- especially questions about twins.

She was telling me that her little girl has gone a little crazy too. Lincoln and Daniel have apparently hit the "terrible three's". I have heard from numerous people that two's are nothing compared to three's. Great I thought to myself.... I'll have 3 three year olds in a few months. And since Greyson is already 2 going on 30- I will be in a world of trouble!
They aren't doing anything horribly bad... just enough to be driving me crazy. More fighting, hitting, a few bad biting incidents. They did break their book shelf... but I'll tell that story in a little bit.

Greyson is a BIG helper. He keeps trying to do stuff that he thinks he helping- but it's not really working. Let's see... one morning Greyson had gotten 3 eggs, a plate, fork and butter out of the fridge. I am guessing he was either going to make scrambled eggs or he was acting out what the Nakato's chefs do when they cook on the hibachi grill. I am still trying to figure that one out. We've also gotten into the habit of eating smoothies, so while I was still in bed one morning Greyson woke up and got out the yogurt, banana's, and strawberries, and mixing cups. I guess he figured out that he wasn't going to be able to reach then mixer(THANK GOD) and gave up. Luckily we have two VERY lazy dogs, and they didn't even touch the food.

Back to the book shelf story..

When we lived in STL, we purchased a cheapy bookshelf from the store hoping that it would make our massive kiddy book collection look better in our living room. Well apparently this book shelf wasn't meant to be moved from the first location. When we moved we put it in the twins room, at the end of Lincoln's bed. We had to yet again move this bookshelf to a different wall in the same room- literally two feet. After moving it the boys decided it was necessary to empty all the books off of the four shelf bookshelf. Imagine my excitement when I got out of the shower and found that I couldn't find my kids or open the door to the room that they are obviously in. You couldn't see carpet.. only books. After going on a tirade about,"we do not treat our books like this, mommy has taught you to treat your toys nice., yada, yada yada". I promptly packed up their books into laundry baskets and threw them in my room. Maybe it was a little bit dramatic- but this wasn't the first time that they had done this, and it takes this OCD mom a LONG time to organize the books. After a brief stint in time out and a time out for myself, I walked into the room to find the twins on the bottom and second to bottom shelf of the rickity bookshelf. Daniel was yelling to Greyson (who was standing on the other side of the room with his arms crossed) to climb up on top. Just as I walked in about to go somewhere close to psychotic on my lovely preschoolers- the entire shelf collapsed. Leaving Lincoln under the rubble. Daniel was screaming like he was about to die, Lincoln was crying, and Grey and I were in shock of what we had just witnessed.

There is a country song entitled "You're Gonna Miss This"... while my dad often quotes different parts to me, I often ask myself- will I really miss the crazy days? And the answer is always yes. At the end of everyday when Brandon and I sit down and finally have a few minutes of us time- I always have funny stories... and I have a feeling that there will be many more posted on here! Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of all the craziness.. just the one posted above. I'll have to remember to take more!

1 comment:

  1. I know you, and KNOW how long it would take for you to put those books back on that shelf! I am smiling!

    ReplyDelete