Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer Reading


This year we participated in the Christian County Library's summer reading program. There were several different programs that you could choose to participate in. We chose "At the Rivers Edge" and "Pirates". So in June we headed to the library (aka: MiMi's Work) and learned about plants, how they grow, and even got to plant a green bean seed. The boys loved it. Miss Annie let them color pictures, play with dirt and use a squirt bottle to water the seed they had planted. They were in heaven. By the time we got home there was dirt in my car, and as soon the the door opened 2 out of the 3 plants ended up in the front yard. Oh well! They still had a great time, and learned a lot! Hopefully they can help me get rid of my black thumb! I kill every plant I get!



I was most excited about the Pirate Party day in July. Taking a little advice from my aunt Beth, I didn't tell the boys what we were doing until the night before. The twins had saw me taking out their Pirate costumes from Halloween last year and get all the dog hair off of them, and wondered what was up! The morning of the party they were so excited. I made them put on extra clothes under the pirate get up( we were going to a picnic in the park with my good friend Melissa afterward!), and they were not to happy about it. They ran into the library, bypassed MiMi, and were ready to play the games. Miss Lucinda and Miss Cathy, had thought of lots of cute piratey games. At each 'station' they would recieve a prize for participation. They got to play pin the patch on the pirate, walk the plank, and muical cd's. They even provided snacks and drinks. The boys were so elated! My mom was able to take her break and come and watch the boys play. They couldn't stop showing her all their loot!
Daniel and his eye patch!
Daniel was admiring his ''treasure''

Aren't they they cutest little pirates?!


Lincoln was having a hard time seeing with only one eye!


Greyson did dress up, but he still had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment