Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Crazy Birthday Weekend Part 2

We got back to Ozark around 4:30 we immediately unloaded the car at my house, and I went inside to start packing for round 2 of my weekend. Brandon's firm was treating all the families to a day at the ballpark.... in Kansas City. They had bought tickets to the Royals vs. Cards game for Sunday afternoon, at the end of June. Brandon and I thought that we would just go up on Saturday night hang out with some friends, and do a little bit of shopping at the Plaza before heading to the game on Sunday.

Well since Brandon and I have never really been to Kansas City as grown adults, we had no idea how long it would take to get there- or where anything was located. We knew we wanted to visit the very popular Power and Light District, eat a nice birthday dinner, and we were meeting up with our good friends Megan and Derrick. We were on the road by 6.... I had packed myself a bag for two nights, but didn't think about packing for the boys. I forget how long it takes to pack them up, load them into my dads truck and lock up the house!

We finally arrived in KC around 8:45. I was starving. I was wanting to have a nice and quiet dinner, but Brandon thought that we should try a place at Power and Light- so we could see what all the hype was about. By the time that we finally found a parking spot and figured out where anything was- everything had turned into bars. I was so upset. Being a little emotional- and A LOT tired, I stormed off crying and threw a big fit. By this time is was well after 9:15 and Brandon was trying to make it better. He kept throwing out the names of restaurants... but I was too upset. So we ended up driving through a Wendy's. Fancy huh?! We ate on the way to Megan and Derricks.

After Megan got home from work, we headed back out to Power and Light to do some people watching. It was packed. You could barely move! They said that it was probably that busy because of the baseball game. We stayed around until 2 am. I was exhausted. The three of them kept running into people from college, and we just had a good time sitting back talking and watching all the crazy people! Afterwards we headed back to their house, where Megan went to bed-( she had to be at work in 4 hours) and Derrick, Brandon and I stayed up talking until 4. Brandon and Derrick were in a fraternity together and Derrick was a groomsmen in our wedding, so there was lots to catch up on.

Brandon and I woke up around 9, got ready and headed to the Plaza. Like every other place in KC, we had heard about how cool it was, but wanted to see it for ourselves. I could have spent all day there. But we were on a schedule to be at the ball game by 12:30. We went into a couple of stores, got me a couple of small birthday gifts from Brigh.ton (thanks to an awesome discount). We were going to hit up California. Pizza. Kitchen for lunch- but didn't have time, so opted for Panera Bread. Co instead. It was nice just to sit and relax. I went into a couple of stores while Brandon hit up FedEX, and then we headed to the ballpark.

Once again we relied on Gar Gar Binks to get us to Kaufman Stadium safely. While we did get there in one piece, it took us on every back road on the way. I don't think we went through some of the best neighborhoods, and we literally drove through a subdivision. By the time we arrived, the game was already going, and the heat was really starting to kick in. We were on the top deck and the sun was beating down on us. We didn't last long. We visited with some of Brandon's associates and partners in the firm. The Cardinals were losing... badly, so we decided to head on back to Springfield. We stopped in Belton and got some yummy ice cream, and started back home. We called and checked in on the boys, and got a report that they were doing good, and my dad had taken them home and was hanging out at the house.

I think I put over a thousand miles on my car in two days but it was all in all a fun birthday weekend. Brandon and I did decide to go back to KC when we can go for a full weekend and really enjoy it! Hopefully 26 is a fun year for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment