Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's Finally Fall..... sorta

I love fall. I love the changing colors, high school football on Friday nights, the cooler weather. Since becoming a mommy and living back in Ozark, I am now greated by a new reason to love fall. MOPS! MOPS is for Mothers of Preschoolers, and we have a meeting once a month at our church. We meet on the first Thursday of every month for about 2 hours. Childcare is provided, so I get to go and sit with other moms, chat for a while, do a super cute and easy craft, have a yummy breakfast, and have a quick small group time. As Tony the Tiger would say, " IT'S GRRREEAT!! While getting ready on those Thursday mornings are a little stressful, I love the time out and with other ladies.

Another fun fall activity is our trip to the pumpkin patch. For the past two years Brandon and I've taken the boys to a huge patch in St Louis, but this year we were able to go as a field trip with the twins preschool class. Greyson got to come along as was treated just like one of the big kids. They all had a good time. I must admit that out of all of the things I've taken the boys to do on my own, this was by far the most stressful! But atleast they were having a blast.

There was a new Pumpkin Patch that opened in Ozark, right by the preschool. We rented it out for a hour or so, and let the kids do all the activities. They were able to watch two calfs be fed, pet the animals in the petting zoo area, go on a 4-wheeler pulled "train ride', go on a hayride, paint pumpkins and play in a big corn box. The only down side to our trip, the weather. It hasn't cooled off yet in Southwest Missouri, so it was about 80 degrees and this momma forgot to bring some water! We were so hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment