Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cousins

This summer the boys were so excited to have their cousins over for a play day. My cousins are three of the coolest, well behave boys I have ever met, so I was so excited to have them over for the day too! I decided since water toys were such a hit on Memorial day, that I would bring them out for a while again today. I didn't think about the temp or the sun beating down on us, but we had a great time. We started out with the slip and slide and then filled up the pool. I looked a litte crazy out in the front yard with an inflatable pool, six kids, two dogs, and myself sitting in a folding chair spraying them down with hose, but we were having a blast!
We played for a few hours, ate some homemade pizza for lunch and then headed back out. The older boys were showing the younger boys how to jump in and do all kinds of crazy things. Funny story of the day:
It was almost nap time for the little guys, so I took Greyson inside to get him changed while I left the twins out with my cousins. After a few minutes of changing G, taking him potty and getting him ready for bed, I headed back outside. I forgot that I had let the dogs out in the process of taking care of Grey, so I paniced when I went out front and couldn't find Daniel. Taylor found him about ten seconds later in the back part of our yard standing next to Maggie(our pug). I ran out back (we have a half acre) to find Daniel beat red standing next to Maggie attempting to do a #2. I quickly picked him up and ran to the front door only to not make it to the potty in time. As I was running up the front stairs, it happened. We were all laughing so hard. I was trying not to panic, and keep Daniel calm, but it was too funny.

I put the boys down, and the big boys and I played Wii and talked. It was a good bonding time! I can't wait to have them over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment