Monday, October 18, 2010

Fun Weekend with Friends

This weekend was an exciting weekend in the Howard House. Our good friends Derrick and Megan came and spent the weekend with us. We haven't seen them since my crazy birthday weekend, and they've never met the boys.
It all started when Megan invited us to come up to Kansas City in November for the Zac Brown Band concert. We started talking about Halloween and how when we were in college we loved going to the corn maize out by Aurora. Since it's been a good six years since Brandon and I have gone, I thought it might be a fun thing to do to relive some good memories. They were just as excited about the idea as we were. Plus since they had never met the boys, it was a good time to come down and visit.
They came down on Saturday, and came into a house of craziness. Since the weather is still very warm, we decided to grill some steaks and have a somewhat college meal. Steak, potatoes, & chips and dip! A little bit a class and a little bit of cheapness! After dinner we got the boys packed, dressed in their pj's, and loaded up to take out to my parents house.
We headed to the maize about 8:30. Not truly realizing how long it would take us to get there.... we weren't in a big hurry until we looked at the website and saw it closed at 10. It took us over a hour to get to the middle of nowhere. We met up with some more of Megan's friends, waited in line for a while and then entered into the maize. It wasn't as creepy as I remember, but I still wasn't all that crazy about it. I hate scary things. When Brandon and I were dating we went to watch a very creepy movie and I still sleep with a night light in my room, unless he is there. I don't like things jumping out at me. I don't like clowns. I questioned myself a couple of times, as to why I of all people thought this was going to be fun. I stayed in the middle of our group for the most part. It wasn't until almost midnight and we were still in the maize that I started to get in the front of our group. At one point Megan and I went the opposite way as everyone else, and got one of the security guards to mislead everyone else, while we hid to jump out and scare them. It was pretty funny.
On our way back, the boys wanted to stop by their old fraternity house and relive more fun times. We didn't think about it being fall break, so they wondered around an empty house. We finally got headed home only to find that Derrick and Brandon had fallen asleep in the backseat!! We passed out as soon as we got into the house.
Sunday afternoon we ordered pizza and stayed in our jammies well into the afternoon. The boys returned from a fun night at Mimi's and morning at church to play with their new friends. Megan played Backyardigans songs on her Iphone, so they pretty much think she hung the moon.
It was a great weekend. It went by too fast, but Brandon and I are excited to go to Kansas City for a weekend next month for visiting and ZBB!

No comments:

Post a Comment