Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Couldn't Imagine.

Yesterday while checking my blogs, I saw a simple entry on my friend Dewana's page. Dewana and her husband have just recently had a baby, so I do my baby dreaming through her posts. While I was expecting a funny story or a super cute baby picture she was linked to this blog. WOW. What I thought was going to be a beautiful story was that and so much more. Thanks Dewana for opening my eyes!


I couldn't imagine. I couldn't imagine having those emotions and not being able to express them. I couldn't imagine feeling that kind of heart break. I couldn't imagine feeling the heartbreak turn into love that quickly. As I sat and cried while reading her story, I thanked God that my delivery story went like it did. I love this blog. I love this mom. I love that her friends were there to capture the memories and moments that she had forgotten.


Right now, I am seeing a friend from my twins club in St Louis go through something that I couldn't imagine either. My friend Kelly, is fighting breast cancer. Kelly was first diagnosed nine years ago. After fighting the battle in her 30's she was put into remission and then cleared from the diagnosis. Last year, Kelly was once again diagnosed with cancer. This time the playing field was completely different. Kelly is married to a great man, Rich. They have four and a half year old twin girls, Vanessa and Abby, and has a step son. When the cancer returned it was in her bones and in a couple of other locations in her body. For almost a year a little pill ( her magic pill) kept the cancer at bay. Kelly was able to see her girls turn four. SHe was able to spend Christmas with them and take them on a vacation to the beach. On a regular basis Kelly goes in for scans, transfusions, and other treatments. Almost a month ago, the playing field changed again. After falling at the hospital and having the gut feeling the something wasn't right, Kelly and Rich found out the the cancer has yet again spread into her bone marrow. As I type this, Kelly is sitting in the hospital having daily platelet infusions and everyother day recieving a bag of blood.

I couldn't imagine. I couldn't imagine being Kelly, and I couldn't imagine being Rich. I can't even attempt to put myself in their shoes. All I can do, is give my boys hugs and kisses, and say a million prayers on their behalf. But I don't even know if I can find the words. I am so thankful that God knows my thoughts before I can form the words to say them.


Please lift up my friend in prayer. Prayer for her strength through these days ahead. Pray for her husband who is sitting at her side watching his best friend go through so much. Pray for their little girls. Just pray......

No comments:

Post a Comment