Sunday, September 19, 2010

Date Nights

Brandon and I are always talking about how we each need to spend more individual time with each of the boys. But everytime we say it, our crazy schedules get back in the way and we forget completely about it. This summer we each made a point to follow through.
To keep it fair we took the twins on the same date. Brandon took Daniel on Friday night, and I took Lincoln on Saturday night. We decided that it would be fun for them if we took them to Nakato's for dinner and then to see Toy.Story.3. They were so excited.
While dad and Daniel were out having some wonderful father- son time, Lincoln, Greyson, and I played out side in the sprinklers, did some yard work, and had breakfast for dinner. It ends up we all had a good time that night!
Saturday night was a little big different for all of us. As Lincoln and I were driving into Springfield, the sky turned very very dark. It looked as if night had fallen onto our town at 5pm. While we were indside eating the lights started flickering and you could hear it pouring down outside. When we walked out this is what we incountered.

Flash Flooding!


There was a good 8 inches of water in the Nakato's parking lot. As soon as Lincoln saw the water he was in complete panic mode. Luckily while we were eating, we met a family that lived across the street from us. The mom of the family help Lincoln while I rolled my pants up to my knees and walked the 10 feet to Brandon's car and backed it up. I know, I was crazy to let her do it, but I actually paid more attention to them then I did backing up the car.

After our crazy moment of loading him up, we headed down the street to Target. I needed to run a couple of errand since Father's Day was the next day. I was a bad wife and daughter and didn't have Brandon's or my dad's gifts finished. After a quick jaunt into Target, (it was so easy just taking one kid in there instead of three), we headed to the movie. We grabed some popcorn and a drink and headed to our seats. I didn't know how he would do since he'd only been to one other movie in a theatre before and he kept asking where Daniel was. He sat still for the most part, but got a little antsy towards the end. To tell you the truth I was the same way. TS3 was a little dark for me, but we had a great time!

As for the other 3 boys in our family; they were stuck at Braums and the gas station all night. Apparently when the sky went dark, they lost all power in the house. Brandon headed out for dinner since he wasn't able to cook anything. When Lincoln and I arrived home at 9, the other three had just pulled into the driveway a few minutes earlier. It was an exciting night for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment