Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Name and a Room

Ever since I was in high school, I've known the names that I wanted to name my kids. Luckily, when Brandon and I started seriously dating, he agreed with the names! Shockingly, with every pregnancy, I've started out liking the names but ended up hating them by the time the big ultrasound came around. Somehow we came up with Lincoln Grant instead of Grady Lane, Daniel Lane instead of Jonathan Scott, Greyson Ford instead of ??? ( I never thought I would have three boys), and for a girl I had always wanted the name Mckenzie Rae.
For some reason in January, I started really liking the name Harper. I have no idea where it came from or why it even crossed my mind. Then when Brandon's maga passed away, I really started liking the name Harper Dell, after his maga's maiden name. But as soon as it came into my mind, it left. We went on with our life, moving, a trip to Chicago, and then looking into buying a house.
When we found out we were pregnant, we didn't even discuss names until the ultrasound, but as usual... I no longer like the name Mckenzie Rae. After tossing around names for a few days the only names we could agree on were Harper and Claire. We asked the boys their opinions so they could feel included. Daniel thought she should be named Anna or Clarabell (his two favorite trains off of Thomas the Train), Lincoln liked Harper and Greyson liked Claire. We were torn. We really liked both hames and hated to choose, so we as a family agreed on the name.... drumroll please..... Haper Claire Howard.

Now on to completely figuring out how to create her room. I know I want to use a paisley pattern, but so far I have yet to find one that I am completely in love with. Brandon is being such a champ, and letting me pick pretty much whatever I want. He knows how excited I am (as is he), but he knows that I have dreamed of this day for a long time! I can't wait until we can post some updated pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment