Monday, April 11, 2011

First Dr's Appointment

My first dr's appointment fell on the same day that Jaxson was born! And unknowingly with the same dr!
My dr in St Louis, was old school. I really liked him and completely trusted him, so changing dr's was a huge deal for me. After a few recommendations of drs in the Springfield area, I called and made an appointment with Dr L. Dr L's office wasn't all that friendly on the phone and she wasn't going to be able to see me until I was 14 weeks along. I wasn't really comfortable with that, especially since I had a gut feeling that I was having twins again. After I had a really bad day and got very sick, I called the dr's office, and they told me not to worry. I got a little aggravated and switched dr's to Dr S.




Dr S' office got me in with the week. No questions asked. They were very reassuring on the phone and VERY friendly in the office. I was so glad I made the switch.


As I got checked in the room, the nurse talked to me about Sarah and Jaxson, and then later Dr S talked to me about my new nephew too. He also talked to me about his love of Coach wallets, but that's another story!


After telling Dr S about how I was having the same symptoms as with the twins, he was anxious to have an ultrasound. Unfortunately, Brandon was unable to attend this appointment, which made me even more nervous! I was relieved once the ultrasound began, so only see one circle this time..that means only ONE baby! It was a big weight off of my chest. While I new and was a little excited about the possibility of twins again, it was going to be a huge undertaking and a HUGE stress. But now, I don't have to worry about that.











After the ultrasound, I headed downstairs to the lab to have the lovely early pregnancy blood work done. I called Brandon to let him know that we were just having one baby, followed by my parents. There were sighs of relief all over!


I headed to Brandon's office to show him the pictures and tell him about Dr S. He wasn't able to talk long, so I headed back home to the start my day with the boys. All in all it was a very productive and stress free day!

No comments:

Post a Comment