Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Twins Club Fun

About five months after the twins were born, Brandon and I ran into a couple of ladies that told us about the Greater St Louis Mothers of Twins Club. Twice a year the club has a re-sell it consignment sale. One for fall/winter and one for spring/summer. My friend Carrie is one of the co-chairs for this part of the club. It's actually how we met.

I had never been to a sale like this before. Brandon and I walked in and were in complete amazement. The club rents out a high school gym and divides it up. Everything has a place and a very precise tag on it. It is truly amazing. You can find just about anything you need there for a great price.

In years past, I've gone a little crazy with the shopping. I've purchased a Peg- Perego double that retails for almost $400 for $100! This year, I tried to really watch my spending and stick mainly to purchasing clothes. I was able to get 55 shirts (Lands End, GAP, Polo, GreenDog, Tommy Hilfiger, etc), 30 pairs of pants, khakis, cords, or sweats(same as the tops), 2 heavy GAP jackets, 4 fleece jackets, and a handful of toys for $200. I was excited. Brandon and his parents were impressed as well.
Carrie got the twins these cute shirts!After the sale was over, I was able to go out with five ladies from the club for dinner. Since our move was sudden, I didn't really get a good chance to say good-bye to the ladies that had supported and befriended us. It was so much fun, being able to have some bonding time and not worry about rushing home! After dinner, I headed back to Brandon's parents house and visited with them. Brandon's dad knows my love for ice cream, so we headed to the frozen custard place down the road, and chatted for a while in the beatiful weather. We headed back to the house and I promptly went to bed. I woke up Sunday morning hoping to get back to Ozark in time for Sunday School. I timed it perfectly. I walked in the door at 9:45, exactly when church started.

When we were talking about moving, Brandon and I debated about renewing my membership to the twins club. Would it be worth it to drive to STL for the sales? Would I be able to ever attend a dinner meeting? We had decided to put a hold on renewing for this year, but as a gift the club president, took care of my renewal. It was so nice of her, and I am so excited to be able to continue going to the sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment