Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Preschool!!!

Today was yet another big day in the Howard Household. My little bitty babies ( Lincoln and Daniel) started preschool today! We were blessed to be able for them to even get in. Who knew that preschool in this area was so competitive?! It's hard to believe that the twins are old enough to be in school. It seems like just yesterday they were coming home from the hospital and learning how to roll over.

When we moved to Springfield, I called all over the place trying to find a school with two open spots. I got a mixed review of responses. I had a couple of churches laugh at me, we were wait listed at a total of 7 school, and one lady talked to me for 45 minutes and gave me every answer under the sun to any question I could think of. I was a little discouraged and shocked to say the least. I was very shocked to recieve a phone call out of the blue almost two months later, telling me that their school had two openings for an afternoon program. Brandon and I were elated!

Everyday for over a month and a half, I was asked atleast 25 times a day, if today was the day for big kid school. Maybe I should have kept my exciting news to myself a little while longer! The boys were so excited. They thought they were the biggest kids around when we went school supply shopping. They only had to have a handful of items, but they got to help pick them out and put them in their backpack. Speaking of backpacks, they had to put them on half a dozen times everyday! But a big shout out to Aunt Heather and Uncle Nate for the awesome backpacks!

Finally, the day arrived. It was a little bittersweet. I was a little worried about how the twins would do, and how Greyson would react with them getting to do something cool while he goes to Mimi's and takes a nap. Brandon took a longer lunch so he was able to meet us at the school for the walk in. We walked in, the boys were so excited. They put their bags in their cubbies, and ran up to their teacher, Ms Tracy. We took a couple of quick pictures and they ran off to play with their new friends.







When 3:30 rolled around, I couldn't wait to hear all about their big day. I was a little disappointed, when they didn't really tell me anything about it! I talked to Ms Tracy about a couple of things on day two, and relieved all my fears. I can't wait to see how much they grow and learn over the next nine months!

No comments:

Post a Comment