Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Brooks & Dunn

My dad and I are super close. I might be 26 years old and married, but we still go out on an occasional date, we still talk almost every day, and I still call him daddy. We both LOVE country music, so when the opprotunity arrises for us to be able to go to a concert together we take it! Granted, the last time that we went to one was my senior year of high school, we still talk about that Alan Jackson concert like it was yesterday. Since my good friend Carrie's family runs a concession stand business, she was able to get us tickets to the Brooks and Dunn Final Rodeo Tour in St Louis.
I had the crazy idea of having a garage sale the morning of the concert, so dad picked me up that afternoon and we headed to St Louis. We were so excited, we were also both exhausted. We made a quick stop by Brandon's parents house to pick up some outdoor stuff that we had left, and ran to eat dinner at Steak and Shake. After a yummy dinner we headed out to Verizon Wireless Ampitheater. It is a really cool place to see concerts. I took my dad on a scenic drive and showed him a couple of cool hidden gems that Brandon and I had found while living in St Louis.
I was supposed to call Carrie's dad when we were getting close so he could give us our tickets and so our dad's could meet each other. After a couple of tries and no luck- we winged it. We parked in employeed parking, and snuck in past security. We were supposed to be on a workers list, but weren't for some odd reason. Good thing that I have worked out there with Carrie several times, so I somewhat knew what I was doing! After meeting up with David, we headed up to the top of 'the hill' and grab our seats by their concession stand. Gary Allen was an opening act. He was okay- he was losing his voice and they were having a problem with the sound, so you could only hear half of what he was actually able to sing.
We were just there for B & D anyway. They were amazing! They played for almost 2 hours, and played everysong you could think of. Dad and I grabbed a bag of yummy kettle korn, a huge lemonade, and we were set. We sang, we laughed and we did lots of people watching. While Brooks and Dunn isn't my all time favorite country group, it was one of the best concerts I've seen in a long time. They are iconic to country music... their new music will be missed.
I am so glad my dad and I were able to take the night away and have an awesome date night.


No comments:

Post a Comment