Friday, January 22, 2010

Lincoln

I thought I would do a post about each boy. Afterall this is what the purpose of this whole blog is!
How do I describe my Lincoln?
Lincoln was the first born. Lincoln Grant Howard ( we call him our presidential baby)was born at 4:32pm on May 9, 2007. As soon as we saw the first ultrasound pics of our boys, Lincoln was always the bigger of the two. He was always the more "aggressive" of the two in utero. He was always kicking Daniel in the face, stretching out and taking up all of the attention on the ultrasounds. He was "Baby A".

Weighing 5lbs 12oz, Lincoln was the heavier of the two. He was the one to go into the full term nursery, come into my roomn whenever he wanted, and the dr's just ranted and raved over him. He was the big boy. And still is to this day!
Lincoln has always done things first. Even if just by a day, he's usually the first one to accomplish the goal. Even though he is only 5 minutes older than Daniel, he has the oldest child attitude. Lincoln is my snuggler, my helper, and the one that wants to make everything okay. If you say "ouch" he drops what he is doing, and runs over to ask,'' are you okay momma?" Lincoln has a heart that is 10 times bigger than his body. He says his "Thank you God"(night prayers) every night, and thanks God for his Baby Brooke (his cousin) and every night while tucking him in, he refuses to let Brandon or I leave the room, without asking for a second helping of momma hugs and kisses and dadda hugs and kisses. When you ask for a hug or when he just randomly comes up and give you one, he'll pat you on the back, just as a extra way of saying love you!
Lincoln loves football and dancing. He has just this week learned how to shake his bottom, and loves to show you how. His favorite toys are his choo choo trains, firetrucks, and hot wheels cars. He favorite store in the world is Target! He asks to go there every other day. And when we do go, he knows exactly where the toys are- no matter which location we go to! ( and I think we have been to almost every single Target in the greater St Louis region!) Lincoln's favorite food is BBQ baked lays and pizza, and he loves chocolate milk.


I don't know why, but when I look into Lincy's eyes everynight, it's like he melt's my heart. There are nights where I just don't want to stop giving him hugs. I've tried to create a speical thing between each boy and myself; and for Lincoln, we kiss each other as fast as we can about 10 times, and then give each other noseies. (wierd, I know, but he started doing it and requests it!)

1 comment:

  1. This is sweet, Danielle! I love to hear about the boys. Of course, I smiled extra when I learned that he thanks God for his Baby Brooke=) That's too cute!

    ReplyDelete