Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Birthday

I can't believe it's been a year. It seems like I was just blogging about my birthday trip around Missouri from last year. In comparison to last years 800 mile journey- this year was very very very low key. And that's just what this momma needed!
We kinda celebrated all weekend- but didn't do anything huge! On Friday night we went to dinner, because Brandon and I have both been wanting Minsky's pizza. We walked around the shopping center that it's in for a few minutes and then ran an errand to the mall.



On Saturday, I was able to sorta sleep in. We promised Lincoln on Friday night that he could sleep with us, which was fine until Daniel came in the bed around 3am. At 6 am our beagle was whining to go out, so I let him out, grabbed a blanket and headed to Lincoln's bed until 9:40. When I woke up Brandon made me waffles and milk and we watched the Chipmunks movie with the boys. For lunch we met Brandon at the local Tea Room at the boys request. It was a 45 minute wait, so we walked around and looked at the antiques and then ate a yummy lunch. We went home to rest for a bit until it was time to take the boys to my parents house for the night! We dropped them off and headed to Springfield for a yummy dinner at Cheddars. I have been craving spinach dip this entire pregnancy so I of course pigged out on my two favorite menu items! Brandon was frustrated since I never told him what I wanted for my birthday- truth is, I didn't want anything. I just wanted a simple date night. We were going to go to a movie, but I backed out and opted for walking around the mall and a shopping center instead. After the mall, we headed to Coldstone for some ice cream and ended the night searching for a good redbox movie, and using some coupons for some band aids! ROMANTIC! ha!



Our plan on Sunday was to sleep in and skip Sunday school and just go to service, but we were both up early with a sick dog. It was nice though being able to shave my legs and paint my toe nails and drive through McDonald's for breakfast. We headed to church and then went to my parents afterwards for a homecooked lunch. My mom speically made me a strawberry cake that was to die for and a mexican casserole that I love. We hung out and played for a couple of hours and then headed home for afternoon naps! Brandon and I finished the evening watching a movie that we rented and eating my all time favorite movie snack- hot popcorn and milkduds!!! YUMMO!

eating cake is serious business!





Family Shot! (1 day shy of 23w)

I'm happy that I was able to be around my family, and to relax. Our lives are about to drastically change in the next few months, so it was so nice to be able to enjoy each other and every moment of the day!



We're such a serious family!







1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you had the birthday that you wanted! That sounds perfect to me too!!! And MMMMMMMmmmm spinach dip!

    ReplyDelete