Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sittin 'Round Waitin on Two Pink Lines...........

Last summer, Brandon and I decided that we were ready to start thinking about having another (LAST) baby. We prayed about it, and thought that it was the right time to start. But apparently God didn't agree. So we put off the idea, and put on the idea of working out and eating healthy, to lose weight and get in shape for Brandon's high school reunion.......... but as soon as we got the gym membership, got some workout clothes, and got pumped up with motivation this happened!





After realizing that I had let a little more time pass than I had realized, and the strong encouragement from my girlfriend Carrie, I went to Walmart and bought two test. Since I am one of the most impatient people in the world, I immediately took test #1 and had one solid pink and one faint pink line. Knowing what it meant, but not truly believing I sent a picture to Carrie for her opinion. The next morning (3/8) I took test #2. Same result. Same feeling in my stomach, so I headed to Target to get the pregnancy test for morons. You know the one I am talking about. You pee and it flat out says PREGNANT or NOT PREGNANT. Well, I had to potty really bad, so I purchased the test and headed to the restroom. Classy right?! I immediately took the test to see that 8 letter word. PREGNANT! Now that it had finally set in, Greyson and I headed to Babies R Us, to find a Big Brother shirt for him to give to Brandon to tell that we were expecting. We wrapped it in a cute bad along with the three tests (in a plastic bag of course), and headed to Brandon's office.


When he met us in the lobby, Greyson gave him the bag, he looked inside and turned white! He was more shocked than I was! We headed to his office, were we hugged and could celebrate without worrying about people coming out into the lobby. Our celebration was cut short, since I had to go pick the twins up from preschool.
After picking up the twins, I headed over to Nixa, to tell my mom. At this point G is wearing his big brother shirt, and I wanted to see how long it took my to notice. It took her a few minutes and then a few more minutes for it to click what was going on. She too was shocked but excited for us! After a few minutes of hugs and kisses, they boys and I left to head back to Springfield to eat a celebration dinner and to tell Brandon's parents via telephone.


When we found out that we were pregnant with the twins four years ago, we took Brandon's parents to Olive- Garden, and showed them the ultrasound to see if they could tell what made those ultrasound pictures special. 11 months later, when we found out we were pregnant with Greyson we did the same thing. So we thought it was only appropriate to follow in tradition and tell them at Olive Garden. Little did we know that they had planned on going to Olive Garden in St Louis that night! So while we were at OG in Springfield we called them in STL and told them the news! Perfect timing right?!



We are very excited about the sixth and FINAL Howard family member to join us in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment