Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pappaw turns 60

Today is a very special day in our family.... my dad turns 60!!! Since my dad owns his own business and construction is always the busiest in the spring and summer time- my dad didn't even take off for his birthday. Knowing that he is such a dedicated worker the boys and I took him a "birthday cookie cake". My dad has a silly side to him so the boys and I went to Tar.get before visiting my dad on the job site, and purchased sixty candles.
My dad is at the framing stage of building two houses. His framer and team have been working with my dad for as long as I can remember. He about fell off the house laughing so hard! He recommended that we not light the candles- so we don't burn down the subdivision! I attempted to light some of them, but after burning my hand several times and having the wind blow them out for me- I said forget it! After messing with the cake for a little while, we treated him to lunch at Qdoba. He wasn't even going to eat- until the boys made him!

My dad faking it on blowing out the candles! The boys were so excited and he was being a good sport.

Can you tell Daniel LOVES his pappaw?!

My dad is a very special man in my life and in my kids and Brandon's life. I am a daddy's girl through and through. I talk to my dad almost daily- if for nothing more than to say hi. I always know that my dad is there for me, whether he supports my decision or not. I don't know how many times my dad has held me and comforted me when he was hurting just as bad inside. I am 25 years old and still go on dates with him and still call my dad- daddy. I always will. My dad is a God fearing, humble, hard working, talented, silly, loving, patient, honest man.

I love you daddy and hope you have a great day! You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment