Friday, December 18, 2009

November... where did you go?


November was a crazy month. It started off with the boys and I spending two weeks at mom and dads. Usually if I can swing it, I'll plan a trip to mom and dad's so that I can attend MOPS at church. I love going, and it gives the boys some interaction with other kids, besides when they are at Sunday School.... Plus they love Ms Patty and Ms Reba, their teachers.

This time it ended up being easier on me to stay for 10 days. I had MOPS, a jewelry party at mom's house, and then I co-hosted one of my best friends baby showers. (That's mainly what I'll blog about this time!)
Sara and her husband Justin are pregnant with their first child. A daughter named Molly Abigail. She is due in Feburary and you can follow her blog http://sfloyd-nutshell.blogspot.com/. It is super cute and she keeps up with it! Anyway.. whenever we started talking about the shower Sara had told me that she wasn't going to do Molly's nursery in "normal" girl colors. At first I was a little shocked, because as long as I can remember Sara has loved the color pink. But I am so glad they went with the theme they did. It is so cute! I wanted the shower to match the nursery so Kelly and I were on the hunt! I finally found ( with the help of my neice Brooke!) the most perfect invites, and then everything fell into place.






I have a friend in Ozark that does all of my cakes. She does such an awesome job, that I just tell her the theme or in this case show her the website and she completely does the cake on her own! I knew that this might be kinda a difficult cake to match, but she did a wonderful job!

Sara had also told me that she didn't want to play games, but
that she wanted everyone to make a scrap book page. Again, I
was a little worried, but they turned out wonderful, and everyone
got involved. I was so busy taking pictures that I totally forgot to
do one, so I'll have to make her one some other time!


Here are a couple of pics:
Overall the shower was a great success! Molly will have enough clothes to last her a life time! Congrats again to Sara and Justin, I know y'all will be great and wonderful parents!

1 comment:

  1. So ironic about Carson and the Dawly's I saw your mom there but I'm not sure saw me! Mind if I link your blog on mine? The boys are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete