Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yard work........uggghhh

Let me start this blog off by stressing how much I HATE yardwork. I have a black thumb and kill everything. Either I over water or underwater- but either way, I've wasted a lot of money on plants and flowers over the years.
Now let me say, that when we originally looked at our house their was about 10 inches of snow on the ground, and I asked our real estate agent what the flower beds looked like. She said they were in good shape and shouldn't be too much work! Well, she was wrong! In the front of the house, the previous owners decided to randomly put a bunch of gravel next to a retaining wall. And the flower bed that was up against the front of the house, had been completely over grown with weeds. Being that I am pregnant and it is the middle of the summer, there was no way in the world that I was going to get out in the heat and work on weeding this BIG mess. Thankfully, my dad a a college age guy that works with him, that was willing to do the work! While we went to the pool one afternoon, Tommy came and weeded, removed gravel, and got the two beds completely ready for plants. Now if I could only figure out what to plant!
Here is the before picture:(blogger is being a pain, and won't upload an after picture..grrr) Just imagine no weeds, grass and three peony bushes in the front. It's pretty or atleast looks better... trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment