Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We started out the holiday weekend with an over night stay from Brandon's parents on Wednesday. They didn't arrive until later in the evening, so I was busy baking when they arrived. They played with the boys for a while and then headed off to bed not too long after we put the boys down. They were hoping to get on the road to Oklahoma by 6 on Thursday, but ended walking out around 5:45! I wasn't even thinking about waking up at that point in time!
We woke up around 8:45 and put on some cinnamon rolls and nestled in to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. I wish I would have taken a picture of it. The boys looked too cute and their faces lit up at every float.

While they munched on breakfast Brandon and I got ready to go, and I finished putting together casseroles to take to my parents. As we were headed out it started sleeting a little, so we were curious as to what the weather would be like for the day. About 15 minutes after arriving to mom and dad's it started snowing. HUGE flakes. It was gorgeous. We got pictures of all three of our boys and my three cousins playing in the snow. It was beautiful. We sat down for our traditional feast around 12:30. We had just about all you could think of!

We played games, watched the football games, looked over the black Friday ads, and watched the boys play until about 7:30, when I decided meet a friend from church and go black Friday shopping at 10! Insane, I know!

We had a great day with family, and realized how blessed we are! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving too!

No comments:

Post a Comment